Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Banks of Certain Rivers by Jon Harrison - loved this book!

The Banks of Certain RiversThe Banks of Certain Rivers by Jon Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book with the One Group One Facebook online book club at Facebook. It was a 4 star book for me; I reserve 5 stars for books which I think are really outstanding. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was very well-written and a good story. It is written by a man and is from a man’s point of view, which is interesting to me, for this type of book. There are a number of issues that this book deals with: loss, love, being a single father, defending oneself against an accusations by high school students, trying to find happiness, and being loyal to a beloved wife who is in a nursing home after a devastating accident. Neil, the main character has a lot to deal with in the years after his wife’s accident. I cared about everyone in this book. Even though there were a lot of things happening in this book plot-wise (there were a lot of twists and turns), I think it is more of a character-driven book. I usually race through a book reading fast, but this one I savored and read more slowly. I don’t know if I would have discovered this book on my own, but it is on my favorites list now, and I will definitely look for other books by this author, Jon Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment