Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Another good Philippa Gregory historical novel!

Three Sisters, Three QueensThree Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Philippa Gregory's books and this was a good one. I did not know much about Henry VIII's sisters, so I learned a lot about Margaret and Mary from this book. They, and Henry's first wife, Katherine of Aragon (daughter of Isabelle of Castille) are the three sisters/queens. Margaret was queen of Scotland, married to James IV and mother of James V, and Mary was queen of France (for a very short time, until the king died). Margaret and Mary both married for love for their second marriages, after their husbands died, although Margaret's wasn't as happy as she hoped. All three women were very ambitious and there were many intrigues in their lives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment