Thursday, April 14, 2016

a fairly interesting book about the brain!

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical TalesThe Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I probably would not have read this book, except that it was a book club pick. It is a series of case studies by the doctor/neurologist, Oliver Sacks. The patients have a variety of neurological disorders. Some of the stories were pretty interesting; in others I think he went on too long about stuff I wasn't interested in. It was well written and informative, yet entertaining, at the same time. Learning about how the brain works was pretty incredible. In parts, it almost read like fiction - it wasn't dry and too medical at all. I can't wait for the discussion this weekend at book club to see what others thought about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment