Thursday, April 14, 2016

A good psychological thriller!

Pretty GirlsPretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book; lots of twists and turns. The graphic scenes did not bother me. If you like suspense and psychological thrillers, this is the book for you! I WILL read more of Karin Slaughter's books, as I have become a fan.

Basically, it's about a teenage girl, Julia, that vanishes, and also about the murder of a middle-aged man about 25 years apart, and what connects the two events. It's about the girl's two sisters, Lydia and Clare, and their search to find out the truth about Julia's disappearance. The family fell apart after Julia's disappearance, the parents divorce (the mother remarries and the father spends his life searching for Julia), Lydia gets involved with drugs and alcohol and is estranged from Claire, while Claire marries a rich guy she had known since her school days.

The book is pretty disturbing in parts, with graphic scenes of psychopaths and their twisted desires, and deals with brutality against women. It is a page turner, however, and I did like it and I recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment