Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I loved this book; first in a trilogy!

My Brilliant Friend (L'amica geniale #1)My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an awesome audiobook! It takes place in Naples, Italy in the 50's and 60's, and is about two main characters, Elena and Lena, who meet in elementary school and become best friends. They are very poor and continuing their education past elementary school was rare in their community. Both are very intelligent and good students. The book goes into the many relationships with people and families in their part of town. It is the first book in a trilogy, translated from Italian. The book ends when they are 16 years old. The writing is among the best I have ever read; it's so beautiful! The narrator is also awesome and I highly recommend this book. It's in my top five books of 2017 that I've read, so far. Highly recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment