Sunday, October 8, 2017

My favorite Danielle Steel book of all time!

The Right TimeThe Right Time by Danielle Steel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm loving this book; it has to be one of my most favorite Danielle Steel books of all time! And it's inspiring me to want to write my own book, if I could come up with an idea for one!!

I really really liked this book; it spoke to me. It's about a young girl, Alexandra Winslow, whose mother abandons her and then dies when she is only seven, leaving her to be raised by her father, who is a crime novel enthusiast. Alexandra becomes a fan of that genre as well and starts to write (very well, by the way) at a very young age. But as a young teen, at age 14, she becomes orphaned when her father dies. As she has no mother and no other family, her family attorney arranges for her to live in a convent with (modern) nuns, who all become like mothers to her. She publishes her first book as a teenager, but publishes under a pseudonym as a male, because her father told her men would not read crime books by a female author. She becomes wildly successful and writes more books all during college, with only her agent, mentor, the nuns, and finally, her publishers knowing her true identity. I don't want to give away any more of the story, except to say it was wonderful, and I think this is one book I wish DS would write a sequel to! The writing and story just flow along seamlessly; a real delight. Bravo, Danielle Steel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment