Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A strange book......

Dept. of SpeculationDept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't know what the heck this book was about! The synopsis says it's letters by a wife to her husband, but it doesn't sound (I listened to the Audible version) like it to me! I got that it was about a marriage over the years, an affair, a child, etc. but that's about it. The writing was beautiful and I loved the author's narration, but I couldn't figure the story out. Good thing it's only 3 hours long, because I'll have to listen to it again before book club, lol. Some of the passages were profound, I thought, and wished I had the ebook so I could highlight them. I don't even know what genre to put this book in, besides fiction.

Update: I DID listen to it again, in one sitting, during a long car ride, and this time it was better. Also, after discussing it in book club, it became more clear. Still not a book I'd recommend, but I'm glad I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment