Sunday, March 26, 2017

A modern terrorist-themed thriller!

The Ulterior MotiveThe Ulterior Motive by Jack Coleston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book in almost a single setting because I couldn't put it down! It is a debut novel and I thought Jack Coleston did a first-rate job! I found the story to be very contemporary and very realistic about what COULD happen in the US. Stanley Carmichael, the main character, has just been appointed Deputy Director of the CIA. His wife, Anna, is a well-known CIA operative. A revengeful Caliph wants to destroy the US for accidentally killing his family during the first Gulf War with an errant bomb. This terrorist and his followers need to be found and stopped. There are many twists and turns in this book and some gruesome beheadings, but the plot is well- written and thought out, in my opinion. I was literally holding my breath in parts and excitedly waiting to see what would happen. The book did not disappoint and the ending has an unexpected twist. The best part, there will be more books about the Carmichaels in a series by the author!! I highly recommend this book and am going to make my husband read it, too!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment