Monday, March 6, 2017

Another good psychological thriller! Soon to be a major motion picture by Ron Howard!!

The Girl BeforeThe Girl Before by J.P. Delaney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is about an extremely modern house for rent, the different women who rented it, the strange architect who built it and his strange rules for those who rented it.It took me awhile to figure out that Emma and Jane lived in the house at two different time periods (at first I thought they were both applying to rent a room/apt in the same house), and then it all made sense. I liked how it went back and forth between the two women and it did keep me guessing at what really happened and what was going to happen. I did NOT guess what really happened and I was surprised! I do have a question about the ending - someone please email me and tell me what Jane decided about the baby!! I think the only character I sort of liked in the book was Jane; I did not like any of the others.

The book is well written and organized and I recommend it. It will probably become a talked-about book in 2017, and maybe even be made into a movie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment