Monday, March 6, 2017

My, oh, my, what a wonderful audio book!

600 Hours of Edward600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have two hours left on this audio book, and what a delightful surprise this book is! I got it on one of Audible's sales, and I'm glad I did. Can't wait to read the sequel to it immediately after. I'll write a longer, more detailed review when I finish, but it is a good good book, that I highly recommend!

I just LOVED LOVED LOVED this book and I loved Edward! Edward was 39 years old, had Asperger's Syndrome and extreme OCD. He lived alone in a house his father bought for him. He does not work anymore (with his condition he hasn't been able to for awhile). He pretty much doesn't interact with anyone except his parents occasionally when he goes over for dinner. His father mainly communicates with Edward through letters from his lawyer, rather than just talking to him. Edward writes daily "letters of complaint" that he never sends - about almost EVERYTHING and to everyone and to anyone that he finds fault with. He keeps a daily log of the weather and other items. He does not like conjecture, only facts. He loves vocabulary words and I really connected with him on that level, ha ha. When a single mother, Donna Middleton, and her 9 year old son, Kyle, move in across the street Edward's life is changed as they worm themselves into his life and become his friend. I loved seeing Edward's growth throughout the story.

The writing is delightful and I just couldn't wait to listen to the book every day. It is definitely in my top ten books read in 2017! I immediately downloaded the 2nd book in the series the day I finished this book and started listening. The narrator is perfect for the book, kudos to him!

I HIGHLY recommend this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment